Are you looking to find your taste? Ready to enjoy the wine you drink?
VinoTastr's discovery kit will help you do just that - discover your profile. Here are some answers that will help you understand if VinoTastr's kit is the right fit for you.
What Will the VinoTastr Discovery Kit Include?
4 Taste Test Strips
- In each VinoTastr Discovery Kit you will find a Test Strip Storage Tray with removable foil top labeled 1, 2, 3, & 4.
- The Test Strip Storage Tray in each package will permit you to take the test 1 time.
A unique QR Code granting you access to the VinoTastr Website and Testing Portal that allows you to Register your VinoTastr Discovery Kit and Take a Test.
Who should not use the VinoTastr Discovery Kit?
Do not use the VinoTastr Discovery Kit if you have allergies or prior adverse reactions to phenylthiocarbamide (PTC), propylthiouracil (PROP), thiourea, or sodium benzoate.
If you experience an allergic reaction, discontinue use and seek medical attention.
What is measured with the VinoTastr Discovery Kit?
The VinoTastr Discovery Kit is designed to measure the outward expression of your taste receptors using quality and intensity ratings in connection with your reported responses in the VinoTastr App.
How does the VinoTastr Discovery Kit work?
Step 1: Receive & Register
- Once you receive the VinoTastr Discovery Kit, register it by scanning the unique QR Code found inside your kit with your mobile device.
Step 2: Perform the Test
- The test is designed to be performed by following the simple Instructions for Use within the VinoTastr App. You will be instructed how to use and record the results of the test and how to enter the results into the online portal.
Step 3: Receive Your Results
- Once completed, you should immediately receive your digital results along with information explaining the results.
Step 4: Begin Your VinoTastr Journey
- Upon receiving your results and VinoTastr Profile, click on various “VinoPicks” links to purchase wines chosen specifically for your taste sensitivities. You can log in whenever you want to continue exploring wines associated with your VinoTastr Profile.
The web-app says that my VinoTastr Discovery Kit ID is already registered. What do I do now?
How is the VinoTastr taste test performed?
During the online testing process, you will be asked to do the following:
- For best results, refrain from eating, brushing your teeth, using mouthwash, smoking, chewing gum, or drinking anything except water for 30 minutes prior to starting the Test.
- Ensure that your hands are clean and completely dry when handling the strips.
- Have a glass of water handy to cleanse your palate.
- The Strips are one-time-use, discard each Strip after use.
Starting with Strip 1, place the Strip on your tongue for 4-6 seconds, or until it is completely moistened, enter your perceived taste and intensity into the app, and discard Strip 1 after use. Feel free to rinse your mouth with water.
Repeat the above process for the remaining three (3) strips, in order.
The VinoTastr App will then provide you with your VinoTastr Profile.
How do I interpret the results?
After the VinoTastr App analyzes your Quality and Intensity ratings, the results will be categorized into one of five VinoTastr Profiles based on your responses.
Once you have discovered your VinoTastr Profile, you will have access to discovering and purchasing popular, as well as unique, wine varietals that align best with your taste sensitivities.
Do I need to send saliva samples anywhere?
No! There are no samples or labs involved in the VinoTastr Experience. Perform the VinoTastr test ANYWHERE using your computer or mobile device, and within MINUTES, you’ll discover your VinoTastr Profile.
I didn’t taste ANYTHING on any of the strips. Did I receive a defective kit?
No! Experiencing low to no taste on the strips is an expected response for some people. As we say in your VinoTastr Profile readout, you exhibit a low expression of the bitter taste receptors, resulting in a low sensitivity to bitter taste stimulants.
The 4 strips are meant to assess specific levels of perception to improve overall accuracy. The threshold to which you perceive bitter stimulants is greater than the concentration of the bitter stimulants on the 4 strips.
How often am I supposed to take a test?
We suggest that you re-take a VinoTastr Discovery Kit if and when you experience changes in taste.
An age-related decline in your sense of taste is real! Research has shown women can start to experience taste changes in their 40s and men in their 50s.
The use of some prescription drugs, such as blood pressure medications, antidepressants, antihistamines, and beta blockers, can interfere with your sense of taste.
Illnesses such as Upper Respiratory Infections or dental problems may affect your sense of taste.
Cancer treatment such as chemotherapy and/or radiation can impact your taste sensitivities.
Smoking has also been shown to affect your sense of taste.
If you’ve recently began or ended these medications and/or cancer treatment, recovered from any of the above illnesses, or started/stopped smoking, we suggest you retake a VinoTastr Discovery Kit to reassess your new taste sensitivities.
How do I cancel an order?
To request a refund, please contact our Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to provide your order number for a prompt response.
Note that, once granted, refunds normally take an average of 3-5 business days to be credited back to your original payment method once the refund has been accepted. It may take up to 10 business days in some cases. You can read more about Refunds and Returns here.